CPS Error 1687 on xpr4550

I just recently updated my CPS software to version 12.0 Build 642 on windows 10 and I was trying to update firmware. I connected the OEM cable to USB port and I could hear the computer making the sound that it was connected. I went to settings, connected devices and shows "USB Serial Device (COM4)". Shouldn't that say Motorola radio or something like that?

From the software I tried to read the radio but kept getting error #1687 Unable to detect applicable devices(s)

DMR CPS Error 1687

Check to see if compatible programming cable is used.
It use to work! Should I have updated the "firmware" first before updating the CPS software? Should I un-install the software and go back to older version
1. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
2. Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the complete and exact error message?



CPS Error 1687 on xpr5550
Check to see if compatible programming cable is used

DMR MOTOTRBO radio Error 1687
What is missing is a reinstall of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 version

 Andre VE3WZW


1 comment:

  1. I had a computer crash in my main computer and now when I try to read any of my Motorola radios, I get an immediate error code #1687. The software will bring up existing files and I can edit them. The only problem is when I read from a radio or write to a radio, I get an error code and that ends it.

    ReplyDelete

A discussion group about this subject.

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO
****** share this with others *******


Amateur Radio Users Support Group
AmateurRadio@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio
****** share this with others *******

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.